Athlete Development program
"Let Live Athletic guide the physical and athletic development of your child."
9-13YRS from $25.95/week
14YRS + from $55.95/week
- 'Safe Start' introduction to strength training and weight training
- Core strength, balance and proprioception programs for injury minimisation
- Evidence based ACL injury prevention program
- Exercise based injury rehabilitation programs
- All training supervised by Exercise Physiologists and Exercise Scientists
- Yoga and Flexibility training
- Sprint and running technique training
*note: all participants are required to start with two individual consultations with an exercise physiologist (eligible for private health insurance rebates.)
Safe Start Program
Our safe start program is an initiative to ensure girls and boys receive the benefits of strength training while taking into account their age and stage in physical development.
- In early adolescence focusing on skill and motor control (coordinating body movement) rather than a strict training methodology of 'sets and reps.'
- Progressing participants through a series of pre-requisite bodyweight strength and flexibility targets before pursuing weight training with the goal to lift progressively more weight.
- Exercise Physiologist's and Exercise Scientist's teaching correct technique to participants once the decision has been made to commence weight lifting.